Tuesday 6 November 2007

Austria and Team Training


So, I've just had the most exhausting 2 weeks of my life.



Firstly Rach and I went to Austria and stayed with Stew and Sabby, where we got absolutely beasted doing about 3 different activities per day.



We generally did lots of climbing, especially at Tumpen Bloc where I sampled a few of Stews classic test pieces. Including the amazing crocodile 7c+/8a. We also went to climb at Zillertal but unfortunately everything was wet apart from Incubator 8b which Stew and I played on and got quite close to. I think this is probably one of the best climbs of any grade I have been on so i'll have to save up some pennies so I can go back and try it again.



As well as all this climbing we did a massive via ferrata which was 2 mins walk from there house, and we went ski-ing at Solden on the glacier. As if this wasn't enough we then decided to go for a big mountain bike ride up a mountain and then back down again.



So, when I returned home very early Thursday morning I had a small sleep and then had to drive to Sheffield for the British team training where we all got put to the test doing 3 rounds of circuit training and then having to do 20 problems up to 7b+. Friday followed with campus board and hang board training and a drive down to Guildford for the Craggy Island boulder bash.
The boulder bash went well with lots of well set problems. I came 6th behind some other team members, which I thought was ok as I'd had a few months off.
Sunday we went to the 1st round of the SIBL at Mile End, which turned out to be not a very well set comp. So we quickly finished up and headed home for a well deserved rest before getting straight back to work.

No comments: